Clara's Cook Book...

As a small boy I remember my Grandmother Clara Goldsmith made some wonderful tasty meals whenever I would visit her with my parents, and when she died her hand-written recipe book with dozens of unusual dishes came to my mother… And in time to me. Here is her delightful recipe for KEDGEREE that some of you may care to try…

You will need the following ingredients: 4oz. cooked rice, 8-12oz. cooked fish, 2oz. butter, 1 raw egg, 1 egg hard boiled, cayenne pepper & salt, milk, 1 teaspoonful of chopped parsley.

The method: First boil the rice until tender and drain off the water, add finely-flaked fish, butter, beaten egg, the chopped white from the hard-boiled egg, pepper and salt. Stir until heated through on the hob, adding milk if the mixture is too dry. Pile the mixture into a pyramid shape on a hot dish and sprinkle sieved egg yolk and the parsley on top.

Sit back and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shriving of Miss Esme Stamp...

Actress Enid Stamp Taylor...