Interesting Quotes From The Past...

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio, Lord Nelson 1758-1805 British admiral.

I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega y Gasset 1883-1955 Spanish writer.

The Parks are the lungs of London. William Pitt 1708-78 British statesman.

Every man is surrounded by a neighbourhood of voluntary spies. Jane Austen 1775-1817 English novelist.

There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde 1854-1900 Irish dramatist.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. G.K. Chesterton 1874-1936 English writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shriving of Miss Esme Stamp...

Actress Enid Stamp Taylor...